After four months of collaboration, the Missouri Hockey Youth Division is changing our Central States teams and how they are assembled. Mo hockey believes that exposing Missouri Hockey Players to the best tier 2 league in the country is a benefit to player development and team competition.
A link to the full rule revision can be found below this article.
- Central States teams at 11U, 12U, 13U, and 14U fall into districts. The following groups of clubs will field a Central States AA Team together in a three-team scenario:
- Meramec Hockey Club/Southern IL/Affton Hockey
- Twin Bridges Hockey Club/St Peters Hockey
- Chesterfield Hockey Assoc/St. Louis Rockets/Kirkwood Youth Hockey Association
- Players must play for the Central States AA team that is grouped with their home association (prior to any One Time Transfer)
- Players who live in an open zip code, will be districted to the club that they are rostered with at 6U/8U
- Players who OTT to a club are ineligible to play for that club’s Central States team.
- Each player must be verified by a school transcript with home address AND a utility bill in the parent’s name
- No “grandfather” for players currently playing outside their zip codes. Current players on Central States teams must return to the home club.
- Petitions for playing outside of your districted Central States club must be made to the Central States Committee by March 24th with response by March 31st. A Link is provided below this article or use this link: https://forms.gle/poZWunJa1XV4rWHE8
- Players who have played Central States for the same club for three seasons will be granted a one-time exemption-however you still must petition for the exemption.
- Appeals to committee decisions should be made to the Missouri Hockey Youth Board and will be heard by April 30th. Appeal details will be provided with the committee decision. Please click the link below for full details.