Pre-Skate & Evaluations Schedules
- What is the evaluation process?
- Evaluations will consist of a series of reviews and game scenario evaluations to collect data and help determine the initial level of aptitude for each player. The SIIH Evaluation Committee shall consist of qualified coaches, who have no conflict of interest at each particular age level and are appointed and approved by the SIIH Board, Director of Hockey Operations.
- Does my player have to be registered to participate in pre-skates or stick & pucks?
- Yes, all pre-skates, stick & pucks, and evaluations are for registered players only.
- Can parents watch evaluations?
- It is encouraged for parents to not watch evaluations to lessen the pressure on the players and allow them to focus on just playing hockey. There will be plenty of time in the season to pack the stands and cheer on the kids!
- How will I know if my child made a team?
- Ice Hawks coaching staff and Board of Directors do our best to appropriately place players on teams in their correct skill level to allow safe play while developing and growing their skill level. Once teams are placed, we will add your player to a roster and assign all registered users to a CrossBar team so you begin receiving communications, schedule updates, etc. You will soon also have a coach and/or team manager reach out for the next steps as well.
- How do I navigate CrossBar and sync schedules?
- Check out our CrossBar navigation page for details and setup guides.
- What if I want my child to "play up"?
- If you feel as though your player should play up for more competitive play, you may request an appropriate review be conducted by the SIIH Hockey Operations Committee. Please review and complete the request form and submit it per the attached instructions.
Click the delete icon again to confirm. Click escape to cancel.