Mandatory SafeSport Training
It is a requirement that all parents/family members who will help volunteer (e.g. locker room, penalty box, engagement with players) complete the FREE training from the U.S. Center for SafeSport each year.
The Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport is designed for parents of athletes of all ages. This course explains the issues of misconduct in sport and helps parents ensure their children have a positive and SafeSport experience.
What you need to do
- Access https://membership.usahockey.com/ and register for your own personal Manager/Volunteer Confirmation Number for the current season
- Coaches or on-ice helpers should select Coach for on-ice designation
- Go to https://membership.usahockey.com/member/login
- Log in with your confirmation number and password
- Ensure you use your confirmation number, NOT YOUR PLAYER'S USA HOCKEY NUMBER
- On the home screen click the Go To Training and follow the steps to enroll in the next available course
- If your SafeSport is expiring, however, new courses are not yet assigned, email MemberServices@usahockey.org to review the account and manually assign course.
- Complete your FREE SafeSport Training course online
- Send your USA Hockey Confirmation Number to the SIIH SafeSport Coordinator to certify your SafeSport training completion for the year no later than Dec 31.
Reporting a SafeSport Incident
In the event a SafeSport situation needs to be reported, please complete the form and provide to the Disciplinary Committee for review.